In astrology Mangal Dosh is the impact that Mars makes on a person’s life when it takes certain positions in the ascendant chart. A person born under this influence is called a Manglik. Since Mars is regarded as a bold, fiery planet, a manglik is by nature quarrelsome and aggressive. This domineering and bold nature can spell disaster in the marital relationship.
When it comes to marriage, this special astrological combination brings about discord and tension. It is a deciding factor that has to be given a serious thought when you really think of getting married. The choice is yours, but it becomes a wise one when you check your horoscope for Mangal dosha.
Perfect horoscope matching reduces the ill-effects of managl dosha and helps you find astrological remedies.Mangal dosha is one of the major deciding factors in Hindu marriages. A manglik marrying a non-manglik is considered disastrous which can even lead to death of one’s partner.
Explanation of astrological situation when the planet Mars exists in the 1st, 2nd, 4th, 7th, 8th and 12th house of a person’s horoscope chart is commonly called as Mangal Dosha. Those who have this Dosha are known as Manglik.
There are a total of twelve houses in a person’s astrological chart. The placement of the planet of Mars in any of the previously mentioned six houses causes Mangal Dosha. This Dosha is also known by the name of Bhom Dosha, Kuja Dosha or Angarakha Dosha.
Characteristics of this dosha
- People of both the sexes can be Manglik.
- The planet of Mars represents respect, energy, ego and self-esteem. Therefore one with the Mangal Dosha has a volatile temper. Manglik individuals thus face a lot of problems in bending and adjusting with their partners.
- The energy of Manglik individuals can be compared to that of fire. Therefore this energy needs to be used in the right direction and in doing something constructive, or otherwise they might become ruthless.
- Mangal Dosha affects the married life, mental state, and also leads to financial loss.
- If a Manglik person is born on Tuesday the effects are nullified.
- Also the marriage between two Manglik individuals cancels the negative effects.
Effects of Mangal dosha
When Mars is situated in the 1st house:
a) The 1st house represents the house of spouse. Thus it normally affects the married life leading to unnecessary conflicts. It might also lead to physical assault and violence. Due to such unacceptable behavior such a person might suffer from tension, distress, separation or even divorce.
b) When Mars is situated in the 2nd house:
A person’s family life is affected. It also creates obstacles in the married life and the professional life.
c) When Mars is situated in the 4th house:
This will have adverse effects at the professional front. Such a person will switch jobs and also will not be successful professionally. Financial trouble will keep lurking.
d) When Mars is situated in the 7th house:
Such a person has too much of energy and will be ill-tempered resulting in not being able to maintain cordial relationship with family members. Also this person will be very dominating and dictating over his or her partner and s/he might also have many partners.
e) When Mars is in the 8th house:
Such a person will be lazy and will not be able to maintain a rapport with his or her elders and thus will lose paternal property.
f) When Mars is situated in the 12th house:
Manglik individuals will have enemies. S/he will also suffer from mental problems and financial losses.
Remedies of Mangal Dosha:
There are various ways to cancel out the ill-effects of Mangal Dosha. These are enlisted here:
- Fasting to placate Mars
- Kumbh Vivah
- Reciting Mantras
- Offerings and contributions
- Wearing gemstones in the form of rings
- By visiting the Navagraha and Hanuman temples